REZERVACE GRAND CUL-DE-SAC MARIN, RÁJ POTÁPěčů
The reserve of Grand Cul-de-Sac Marin: founded in 1987, the marine nature reserve of Grand Cul-de-Sac has been managed by the national park since 1990. Together they form the core of the second biosphere reserve of the Lesser Antilles archipelago designated by UNESCO. Partly land-based (1,622 ha) and partly sea-based (2,085 ha), the protected territory of Grand Cul-de-Sac covers the main terrestrial ecosystems of the coastal area.
Swamps of mangrove trees cover the land submerged by tidal movement. Within the network of their roots, a multitude of fish and crustaceans are a treat for the many species of heron and egret. Also to be seen are the green-throated hummingbird, the bananaquit, crabs and occasionally the racoon.
The ocean bed, with its abundance of sea fans, corals, sponges and anemones, is inhabited by 460 varieties of shellfish. A myriad of fish weave in all directions: parrot fish, snook, sunfish and cardinal fish;
sometimes a green turtle breaks up their shoals...
Guadeloupe (Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre)
Lying more or less in the centre of the Caribbean Arc at16°30’ N and 61°30' W, Guadeloupe comprises two large islands covering a total area of 1705 km2 : Grande-Terre (590 km2 , highest point : 135 m). The two islands are separated by a narrow channel, the Rivičre Salée, which is nowhere more than 200 m. wide.
The two islands are surrounded by coral-dominated communities and fringing reefs.
The Grand Cul-de-Sac Marin features a 29-km long barrier reef (78 km2). Seagrass beds are very extensive (9726 ha), especially in the Grand Cul-de-Sac Marin ; mangrove swamps are much less extensive, except those in the Grand Cul-de-Sac Marin (3.000 ha).
Marie-Galante Island (158 km2) lies 43 km to the south of Grande-Terre. There are some small fringing reefs off the eastern, south-eastern and southern shores. A submerged coral bank lies to the west, at a depth of about 20 m. Seagrass beds cover parts of the sandy bottom along the shoreline.
The Saintes Archipelago covers some 13 km2 and comprises 6 small islands. The two largest (Terre-de-Haut and Terre-de-Bas) are inhabited. There are no true coral reefs along their shores, although the rocky parts of the seabed are colonised by corals. The sandy seabed areas support seagrass beds.
La Desirade (20 km2) has some small fringing reefs along its southern shoreline (Anse de Baie-Mahault, Anse Petite Rivičre and Grande Anse). The soft bottoms here are unstable, and covered only in parts by generally sparse Thalassia testudinum seagrass beds.
Petite-Terre of La Desirade (1.7 km2) is made up of two islets (Terre-de-Haut and Terre-de-Bas) which are separated by a narrow channel (150-200 m) no more than 6 m in depth, and bordered by small fringing reefs. Further out, the seabed is mainly sediment, with Syringodium filiforme seagrass beds. The coastal lagoons of Terre-de-Bas Islet are isolated from the sea by a sand bar and fringed with well developed mangrove swamps
KLUBY POTÁPěčů NA OSTROVECH GUADELOUPE
- Škola potápění Gosier, 97190 Gosier, Tel: 0590846643, GSM: 0690437858
- Tropicalys, 97180 Sainte-Anne, Tel: 0690544926
- Škola potápění Saint-François, 97118 Saint François, Tel: 0590858118
- Blue Dive, 97117 Port Louis, Tel/Fax: 0590228647
- Centrum potápění Alavama, 97115 Sainte Rose, Tel: 0590286549, Fax: 0590284369
- La Note Bleue, 97126 Deshaies, Tel: 0590285374, Fax: 0590285689
- Tropical Sub, 97126 Deshaies, Tel: 0590255007, Fax: 0590285348
- Les Baillantes Tortues, 97126 Deshaies, Tel: 0590982971, Fax: 0590982838
- Anse Caraďbes Plongée, 97116 Pointe Noire, Tel: 0590999095, Fax: 0590999269
- Archipel Plongée, Plage de Malendure, 97132 Pigeon, Bouillante, Tel: 0590989393
- CIP Bouillante, Plage de Malendure, 97132 Pigeon, Bouillante, Tel: 0590988172
- Les Heures Saines, Plage de Malendure, 97132 Pigeon, Bouillante, Tel: 0590988663
- Atlantis, Rue Baudot, 97100 Basse Terre, Tel: 0590990485, Fax: 0590990487
- Blue Bubbles, Marina Rivičre Sens, 97100 Basse Terre, Tel/Fax: 0590990665
- Scubaguad, Section Bernard, 97140 Capesterre, Tél./Fax: 0590972059
- Man Balaou Club, Section Murat, 97112 Grand-Bourg, Tél./Fax: 0590977524
- Ti'Bulles, plage du 3čme pont, 97112 Grand-Bourg, Tél./Fax: 0590975498
Aux Saintes :
- La Dive Bouteille, plage de la colline, 97137 Terre de Haut, Tél.: 0590995425, Fax: 0590995096
- Pisquettes, Anse du Bourg, 97137 Terre de Haut, Tél.: 0590998880, Fax: 0590998820